Menu

s/o Keruig thread: WHICH Keurig??

I've pretty much decided I want a Keurig, and I want one with the reusable cup (My K-Cup?). But WHICH Keurig? It would be used every day by at least 3 people for making tea, hot chocolate, and coffee (various strengths & serving sizes). Also, do I want the Keurig brand, or Mr. Coffee or Cuisinart? Which model, and where should I buy it? Any special deals out there? FWIW, we are Sam's Club members.

We have the most basic model, Keurig brand and we got it at Target, not on sale.

If I had to do it over, I would have gotten the one at Sam's Club. It has more buttons (I do love all the shiny buttons...), is cheaper, and comes with more KCups to try.

You may find a good deal on one at other places, though, with the holidays coming up. Keep an eye out for a sale at Bed Bath & Beyond, because then you could use one of their 20% off coupons as well and get a great deal.

So glad you are joining the cult! :D

I'd get the Solofill (fill it up with coffee, pop it in like a kcup) instead of the My K Cup (remove the kcup device & insert the My K Cup devise with filter that I think you put in and out) if you plan to use actual Kcups at all - less hassle, imo. I've removed the kcup device periodically to clean it, and it would be a pain to have to remove it often to insert the My K Cup thing. Of course, we use mainly Kcups, hot water, and instant coffee right now. The main person interested in using his own coffee determined that the device just didn't make a big enough cup of strong enough coffee! We will be using our own in awhile, but I'm still playing!! :)

We got the Cuisinart brand from Bed/Bath/Beyond using the 20% off one item coupon.

I do LOVE my new coffee maker, but lately it is having the occasional blub where it doesn't put out a full cup of liquid all the time. So far, it hasn't been often enough that I've looked into fixing it much, but it is a drag. I remember reading about a problem in the Cuisinart with air bubbles in the water line that could cause some problems, but at the time it sounded like the "fix" to that would be to not remove the water tank. We have been exclusively filling it from the top & not removing it at all (except as an attempted fix to clear air bubbles), so I don't know what to think... other than this issue, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :)

I do LOVE my new coffee maker, but lately it is having the occasional blub where it doesn't put out a full cup of liquid all the time. So far, it hasn't been often enough that I've looked into fixing it much, but it is a drag. I remember reading about a problem in the Cuisinart with air bubbles in the water line that could cause some problems, but at the time it sounded like the "fix" to that would be to not remove the water tank. We have been exclusively filling it from the top & not removing it at all (except as an attempted fix to clear air bubbles), so I don't know what to think... other than this issue, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :)

I don't have the Cuisinart model. I got the B60 bundle through Sam's Club. My unit will occasionally do the same thing you mentioned above. Removing the water reservoir usually does the trick. I've had my Keurig for 3 yrs now, and I absolutely LOVE it!