Menu

Rainbow Science Question

Trish

Anyone know if this program goes on sale? Does it ever appear in the Homeschool Buyers Co-op, or otherwise go on sale during the year?

Also, would it be appropriate for a 6th grader? (next year I'll have a 6th and an 8th -- I was thinking of maybe starting it mid-year this year) So a 5th grader going on 6th. I wanted to start him on "Colors" but that won't be ready until next summer, so I figured I could maybe do The Rainbow with both of them...

I've never seen it on sale.

Our oldest did RS in 7th and 8th grade. I wished then that I had had him do it in 6th and 7th, because I thought it would have been just fine. Our next ds used it in 6th & 7th and is doing Apologia Biology in 8th. The next ds is using it in 6th and will finish it next year in 7th. He will do Apologia Biology in 8th as well. I know of another family that did RS in 6th & 7th. That said, it is perfectly ok to use it in 7th and 8th as suggested by RS.

I think using RS earlier works best for a more science-oriented student. If you use it earlier and your student is doing algebra in 8th grade or before, you will have time to fit in more high school science. That is our goal for our children, so ymmv.