Menu

S/O Car Trip Food for a week in a condo

We are staying in an off site condo for our May trip to Disney. To keep to our budget I will be taking most of our food with us. The only thing I havent really figured out is dinners. I dont know that I will feel like cooking a big meal after being at the parks all day so I was thinking of taking my crock pot and making some meals ahead of time to freeze. Anyone got any recipes? I need to feed 5 adults and 3 kids.

I'm big fan of half made/frozen meals.

I freeze in ziplock bags so I can store leftovers in same bag.

Pasta--make the sauce and meat (freeze) add the pasta when you're there

Breakfast burritos--make ahead and freeze, add to tortillas when you get there.

chili (freeze) take crackers

even for the crockpot, do all the prep and freeze (for instance--pot roast, put the meat in a bag, chop all the veggies and freeeze. no chopping when you are there.

fajitas freeze well

bbq sandwiches are easy and buns are cheap anywhere.

When we vacation we often hit up a local Costco and shop there.

For quick vacation meals we do things like:

Hotdogs

Meatballs in crockpot (Costco and other stores sell premade ones). This can be a main course, or you could add to some pasta, or serve on a sandwich roll

Chicken breasts and salsa in the crockpot. Shred and serve in tortillas with cheese. Could add rice if you want, or serve as taco salad over greens.

eta: we love the various kinds of sausage you can get that are nitrate/nitrite free. Hans and similar make them. Feta spinach, etc. Costco has these for a good price usually and that would be easy to heat up (they are precooked you just need to heat them up). They work for breakfast too if you need some breakfast ideas. These could be served w/ pasta, on a roll, etc.

Edited by Momof3littles