Menu

examples of extra curricular form

I am working on my son's page of extra curriculars, and I can't figure out how to organize it or make it look good. Part of it is just strange things that need explaining like what he does at church: runs power point for worship once a month as well as all special programs( He is always the one that does it for Christmas, all choir program's, children's choir programs, etc.) He sometimes has created orginal slide shows or videos to go with them. He will be training some youth on how to do it this year as well. I don't know how to explain that!!! He has mission trips to Ethiopia and Ecuador, Baptist leadership camps, spent this summer doing yard work for the elderly once or twice a week in June and July, and piano lessons. That is about it. I guess I can put flag football??? He's participated in that every fall. Anyway, it is such a weird list. I'm not sure how to format this. Anyone share any formats or forms with me?

I saw an example of a good form/format in a book on college admissions... just a couple of years ago. It was set up to handle just the kinds of details you're talking about. I wish I could remember what book it was!! :confused: We didn't end up needing such a chart for ds's college apps, so I'm not sure if I even made a temporary one--I searched my files but found nothing.

Anyway, I know I looked at 2 or 3 college admission books from the library, and it might have been in one of those. One of the books I used was A is for Admission, by Michele Hernandez, but I'm not sure if that's the one. Maybe you could make a trip to your local library and check out their collection of books on college admission--look for the ones that give advice about getting into selective colleges--and see if you can find something there.

Sorry not to be of more help!

Dd found some formats on line that could be used with Word. She tweaked the headings into "Dance" "Community Service" "Jobs" and "Sports" then she listed closely related items chronologically under each heading. There were some sub-heads like "choreography" and "summer programs" under dance. She tried for a clean page or page and a half. No one likes to read v. much when they look at them. There is a common app essay about an "extra curricular activity that means the most to you" or something like that to elaborate.

It seems that the best idea is to keep the document flexible so it can be easily tweaked.

Acing the College Application by Michele Hernandez (my favorite book about college applications) has an outstanding example of an activities sheet that I found incredibly helpful since my kids' activities ranged from the unusual to the bizarre.

If you PM me with your email address I can send you one of my kids' sheets.

Acing the College Application by Michele Hernandez (my favorite book about college applications) has an outstanding example of an activities sheet that I found incredibly helpful since my kids' activities ranged from the unusual to the bizarre.

That's the book I was trying to remember!!!!! :001_smile: Thank you, Gwen!