Menu

iTunes upgrade trouble

I was going to post this in Dawn M's thread, but didn't want to hijack. I still haven't upgrade my iOS because of all the stories I hear about people losing things. I finally decided to give it a try Saturday night, starting with iTunes. The upgrade starts, then aborts and tells me it was unsuccessful. This happened repeatedly until I finally gave up. I tried with and without installing Cloud. Anyone had this problem? I tried googling it, but can't find a real answer.

• 1 month later...
I was going to post this in Dawn M's thread, but didn't want to hijack. I still haven't upgrade my iOS because of all the stories I hear about people losing things. I finally decided to give it a try Saturday night, starting with iTunes. The upgrade starts, then aborts and tells me it was unsuccessful. This happened repeatedly until I finally gave up. I tried with and without installing Cloud. Anyone had this problem? I tried googling it, but can't find a real answer.

I would like to know this too! It's frustrating not to be able to sync or add music to my iPhone

What is failing? Is it the iTunes update or the iOS5 update? Also, are you on a Mac or a PC?

If it is the iTunes update (to 10.5.1) that is failing, then I'm not sure what to say about that. I also don't know how that could be related to iCloud.

If it is the iOS5 update that is failing, then a bunch of us had it fail, but I thought that was due to busy update servers. Anyway, I detailed the failure I was seeing and many of us provided links about the problem in that thread. Is that the failure you are experiencing, or is it something else?

FWIW, I recommend that you leave iCloud turned OFF until you get through the update and get things working to your satisfaction. You can always turn it on later. It is easy to turn on, but not as simple to turn off.