Menu

Going from ViE to MCT?

Elfknitter.#

Has anyone out there gone from Voyages in English to the MCT Grammar Books? We're finishing up ViE Gr 2 and while I have gr 3 ready to go, I'm wondering if my dd (8) would prefer MCT as she finds the workbook of ViE easy (but could use more work on her writing skills.) She also enjoys language and stories right now, so I'd hate to kill that love with something boring.

If we did transition, would I start her with Level 1 or Level 2 package? (Grammar Island, etc.) Also if you use MCT what are the vocabulary and poetic books like? I didn't seem any sample pages for Building Language and The Music of the Hemispheres.

Since your DD is 8 and that is still pretty young, I would start from level 1 so I wouldn't miss any of the info in that level...There is still plenty of time for you to do the next two levels during elementary school...

I can't really answer what the other books are like, but here is a link to the samples...

Building Language http://www.rfwp.com/samples/buildinglanguage.pdf

Music of the Hemispheres

http://www.rfwp.com/samples/musicpagesto39.pdf

The Island level vocab book is fairly simple compared to Town (Caesar's English, which is absolutely incredible), but we loved it. It was a great intro to Latin stems. The Island level poetry book is phenomenal. We didn't master all of the information presented (which was A LOT), but I think it is all reviewed in the Town level poetry.