Menu

Need some gift/prize ideas for 11/12yo boys UNDER $5

Help! I am teaching a class and giving out tickets for participation, homework, extras, etc. I want them to use them to "buy" something from me at the end of this semester.

I have lots of little things for the girls: hair accessories, cute journals, a coffee mug, etc. But I am stumped for the boys in that age bracket.

Help! Ideally I could get ideas for anything from $1-$5 so there is a range of items. I figured some candy at the lower range.

If you have a Boy Scouts of America store nearby, they have some fun wood kits that are $2-3 each...my son's favorite is the catapult. I saw them on the BSA website a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure how much shipping is. That's worth a look anyway--

Nerf bullets

Make some PVC marshmallow shooters to have ready to buy

silly putty

slinkies

card games

baseball/football card packs

tech decks (little skateboard things, although they may be 'out' by now?)

iTunes card ($5)

gift card ($5)

cash (that was ds14's recommendation)

Amazon - The Wandarama

This is a lightsaber looking wand that contains a small Van de Graaf generator which produces enough static electricity to repel (hover) the mylar orb included with the wand. It works very well (you might want to consider including the 2 - AA batteries so the ownever can play with it right away), but it takes practice to learn to keep the orb hovering with minimal movement.

We gave these away at our Science of Star Wars event and they were a BIG hit.

Faith