Menu

I'm seeking advice re: bringing daughter home after two years of private school

she was homeschooled until ninth grade, but she would not work for me. She admits she was skating. She's been in private school now , and while it has not been a bad experience, I miss her, and hate the demands on time that "regular" school makes. I've been talking to her about coming home next year. I think we'd need a serious talk about what courses to take, what our expectations are regarding her performance, extracurricular activities, etc. I'm sure some of you have done the same thing, and I would like to hear your best advice, etc.

Thanks!

Debonli

My first question after reading your post was how does your daughter feel about this? We hs'ed all the way through. I doubt I could have done it if my son hadn't wanted to be homeschooled. Even so, we had our share of problems. Another thing to consider is how much time you can reasonably expect to have together. Our typical high school day was far different than earlier years. My son's last two years were busy; once he had a driver's license he was gone quite a bit for outside courses, music lessons, and other activities. When he was at home he spent most of his school time working in his room except for daily conference and discussion time. A lot of my time was spent on wearing my guidance counselor's hat which didn't fit comfortably :tongue_smilie:.

My first question after reading your post was how does your daughter feel about this? We hs'ed all the way through. I doubt I could have done it if my son hadn't wanted to be homeschooled. Even so, we had our share of problems. Another thing to consider is how much time you can reasonably expect to have together. Our typical high school day was far different than earlier years. My son's last two years were busy; once he had a driver's license he was gone quite a bit for outside courses, music lessons, and other activities. When he was at home he spent most of his school time working in his room except for daily conference and discussion time. A lot of my time was spent on wearing my guidance counselor's hat which didn't fit comfortably :tongue_smilie:.

Right. The kid has to TOTALLY be on board with the idea, or it won't work. Does she want to come home? And what are her plans that can be better accomplished at home than at the school?