Menu

Keystone and Thinkwell users....I have a question

For those of you who have used these resources, can you tell me how much time it took daily (assuming you finished it within a normal year?)?

We're looking at:

Thinkwell Physics

Thinkwell Chemistry

Thinkwell Calculus

Thinkwell Microeconomics and/or Macroeconomics (she enjoyed economics so we thought that may be a nice follow up)

Keystone AP Physics B

Keystone AP Computer Science A

Keystone AP Art History

Keystone AP World History

Keystone Calculus (but they have it broken into AB and BC..we considered EPGY or TW so as to do Calc I and II in the same year though that isn't necessarily necessary).

Of course, she won't be taking all these courses at the same time. We're still in the process of deciding what will be taken at home vs at the local college or university. The point of any of the above would be to pass the corresponding AP test for credit at the university though (she has already checked which subjects they accept scores for).

Just for info....She's completed through Lial's PreCalculus as well as the Life of Fred series (will continue Calc through the summer). She has NOT had physics at all yet though my understanding about the level of physics is that it's based on the math.

I appreciate any light you can shed for us :)

Pamela,

Ds is using Thinkwell calculus; I'd say he spends roughly an hour a day, though sometimes maybe more. He isn't here just at the minute, but I'll confirm that with him when he comes in.

BTW, there is a schedule for using TW for both the AB/BC AP exams at JHU-CTY . They offer a 3-month, 6-month, and 8-month schedule, depending on AB/BC. (Thanks to Sharon in MD for that infor!!)