Menu

? for those familiar with Advanced Language Lessons

DS8 is very accelerated/gifted and catches onto things very quickly. He's completed FLL1/2, WWE2 and most of WWE3, and MCT Island Level.

Do you think it would be fine to skip FLL3 and 4 (tried some of 3 and it was drugery for him) and then jump into Advanced Language Lessons after MCT Town level? I plan to continue with WWE3 and WWE4 and then start WWS at the same time as ALL.

Thanks for any input.

I have a similar DS8. He has completed Grammar Voyage easily, can diagram etc. I chose to put him in FLL4. He is finishing up WWE3 in a couple of weeks and move right into WWE4. DS11 is in ALL. I really couldn't decide. I think he would have been OK in ALL. However, he is a bit of a perfectionist and I wanted time to focus on writing and spelling and latin so it's nice to have grammar be "easy." It's not "you're killing me w/ this easy stuff" easy. And I didn't want to run out of grammar. I figure this way, ALL will be out each year, 1year ahead of DS8. Sigh....although now that I look at it, I should probably put DS8 in ALL. Today, I received the next installment of ALL so I will read through it this weekend and decide.

:lol: sorry I'm no help. YOu don't want him to be bored out of his skull and hate doing it. If ALL is at the right level for him, go for it.

If it helps with the decision my ds8 is doing ALL with dd10 and they both are doing great with it. I keep them together with most of our Language Arts, and he seems to be understanding it all just fine. They both have also completed MCT Island Level and are working on Town this year. They work on CC and WWS together as well.

My main reason for putting DS8 into FLL4 was his perfectionism. Towards the end of Practice Town, he was getting frustrated when he'd call a gerund a participle etc or if he got something wrong on a diagram. It was at that point, I decided to split him up from his big brother. NOw that I look at it though, I'll be switching him to ALL today. It'll only take about a week or so to catch him up to DS11. It will free up time since I won't be teaching two grammar programs. DS11 will do Practice Voyage but I've written sentences out of Grammar Voyage for DS8 to analyze and diagram. DS8 gets upset when he doesn't know what a words means and the vocabulary takes a small jump in Practice Voyage. ALthough, if I look at PV again, I might change my mind and put him in that one. :lol: These kids take such huge development leaps at times, what seemed like a good decision 6 months ago, is no longer a good decision. :glare: