Menu

Can anyone compare DIVE to Teaching Tape to Art Reed Saxon DVDs/CDs?

I was reading a bit about the Art Reed and the Teaching Technology DVDs today, but would love some real life feedback before we make the purchase. We have the DIVE CDs, but my daughter really dislikes them. Without a person in them, she disengages.

We've looked at the Art Reed sample of Lesson 50 and like it. I tried to look at a Teaching Tape sample, but the link most be broken. I'm attracted to those b/c every problem is worked out, but they are so much more expensive.

Can you help me decide?

After I posted, I saw some of those and decided to go ahead and order Art Reed's but when I got to the purchase part, the site wouldn't let me move forward. So, I sent him an email. Within 30 minutes he called my house and chatted it up about his years in NC, my accent, or rather lack of one until I'm around my mom and sister, and to let Adelyn know that she can email him if she hits something she can't grasp. After he took my order, he must have hit a glitch on his end and so he called me back to make sure he had it right. That personal touch I haven't had since SWB called me 13 years ago to talk me through whether SSRW would be a good fit for my then 1st grader. I wish I had that phone call on CD!