Menu

Keeping my face straight. Ds(14), Art history, lethal combo today!

So I say to ds, after he has completed his art history reading for the day, "Name three main concepts that characterize the classical era of Greek art."

He gave me a decent answer, but then responded with this follow up: "I know this is not what you are looking for, however, the main idea in Greek art was apparently nude dudes."

Me: "Well yes, they did consider the human body to be quite beautiful and commemorated it in sculpture."

Him: "Okay, maybe, just maybe the female form is worth sculpting. But as for guys, well, if the theory of evolution is seeking its missing link, it just has to pick any random guy and strip him butt.naked! There's your missing link!"

I have removed myself from his presence so I can snicker in privacy.

Faith

So I say to ds, after he has completed his art history reading for the day, "Name three main concepts that characterize the classical era of Greek art."

He gave me a decent answer, but then responded with this follow up: "I know this is not what you are looking for, however, the main idea in Greek art was apparently nude dudes."

Me: "Well yes, they did consider the human body to be quite beautiful and commemorated it in sculpture."

Him: "Okay, maybe, just maybe the female form is worth sculpting. But as for guys, well, if the theory of evolution is seeking its missing link, it just has to pick any random guy and strip him butt.naked! There's your missing link!"

I have removed myself from his presence so I can snicker in privacy.

Faith

That is the most hysterical thing I have heard in a looooong time...and it almost convinces me to keep homeschooling...just for those moments......

Kiss that kid. He is a keeper! :lol::lol::lol:

Faithe