Menu

"Out of Many" US History - anyone familiar with this?

So... I take it this book is American history, not "here we are, displaced Europeans" history.

Does this book go into the history of native peoples (different native American tribes, their migrations and subsequent forced placements onto reservations), the spread of the colonists and the "settling" of the N. American continent?

What time period does this book cover?

asta

RoughCollie, thanks for the offer. I am mainly interested in any "slant" that might be inherent in the book that would be considered excessively "liberal".

I have a young student taking the course and wanted any "heads up" I could get in advance of the book arriving. Your help is much appreciated!

Asta, I can't answer your questions except to say that the book is split into tow volumes one up to 1877 the other up to the 20th century and I believe there is a combined volume as well. As to the treatment of Natives, the answer to that would be interesting indeed as we live in an area of many natives and many taking college courses here!

Mary

and says this is a good standard textbook. He says it is definitely a college level book. Keeping in mind that we are quite liberal ourselves, he says he doesn't think it is any more or less liberal or conservative than most standard textbooks.