Menu

I want a make over.

:(

I don't like being in pictures. I realize that my children will barely have any of me.

I need to do something, but I have no money to really pull it off.

Ideas? Suggestions?

I feel so ready for a change.

The bolded is what I've been thinking about myself for the past little bit. It makes me depressed now thinking that if something were to happen to me tomorrow, they'd never be able to know what I looked like. I am overweight and it makes me think I'm ugly. I know how to use makeup and style my hair and all, I just never want to. :glare:

Ok, sorry for being a Debbie Downer. I just wanted you to know someone sympathized. :grouphug: (is there a beauty school nearby where you could get a cheap haircut? Can you go to a department store and get a makeup tutorial at the makeup counter? You don't have to buy anything, but you can ask for tips and watch how they do it)

:(

I don't like being in pictures. I realize that my children will barely have any of me.

I need to do something, but I have no money to really pull it off.

Ideas? Suggestions?

I feel so ready for a change.

My advice? Make sure you get your picture taken with your children often. One day you will look back and wonder why you thought you looked so terrible. You will regret wasting the time worrying over your appearance and that the family photo albums look like there wasn't a mommy around.

Enjoy today. Remember today. Memorialize it with pictures. You won't regret it. :001_smile:

My advice? Make sure you get your picture taken with your children often. One day you will look back and wonder why you thought you looked so terrible. You will regret wasting the time worrying over your appearance and that the family photo albums look like there wasn't a mommy around.

Enjoy today. Remember today. Memorialize it with pictures. You won't regret it. :001_smile:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

This is gold.

Ladies, please don't be so hard on yourselves. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I am the same way :)

I am a photographer and I am always taking photo's of other people. There are hardly any photo's of me.

I have gained about 40 pounds the last few years and I am embarrased of my appearance. I haven't been able to lose the weight so I guess I just need to get over it and realize that this is me and this is how I look and my kids love me no matter what and they will probably appreciate having pictures of me when they grow up.

I am in the same boat. I feel like a troll. Not only do my kids not really have any pictures of me, but in the ones I am in, I'm either making a horrible face or I just look TERRIBLE. I am shocked at how hideous I am every time I see them. :( It's depressing. I wish I had money for a makeover! or cosmetic surgery..

Every time I see you, I think, "She has 53 children, and still manages to look nice every time I see her. What is wrong with me??" If you get a makeover and I cry the next time I see you, don't wonder why, okay? :tongue_smilie:

Off to read the other thread.... :D

You just made me cry! :) You are so sweet.

:grouphug: And beautiful!

Thank you! Very good advice.