Menu

Oxford University Press VS Steck-Vaughn

chenicole

I am buying the Medieval and Early Modern World one by one from Amazon or Half Price Book. I noticed that there are 2 different publisher. The price sure is very different. The Steck-Vaughn one is always much cheaper than the Oxford one. Is the content different or the paper quality different? I am very confused and don't know which one to buy. Does anyone know what is the difference between them?

The OUP series called "The Medieval and Early Modern World" has a number of books in the series -- The European World 400 to 1450, The Asian World 600-1500, The Age of Empires 1200-1700, etc...

The OUP book entitled "Medieval and Early Modern World" are primary sources for the entire series.

There are other publishers of middle school textbooks with similar titles. But Steck Vaughn isn't the publisher for the book series which includes this one: http://www.amazon.com/European-World-400-1450-Medieval-Modern/dp/0195178440/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318168625&sr=8-1 .

Thanks for all your input! I know that there are several books in this series and I already bought 3 of them. When I search for books I used ISBN number to make sure I got the right one. I also like to see why the prices are different between the same books like the condition, published year, etc.... Then, I found out the same books with same year but with different ISBN. Then I found out that the different publisher thing and started to get very confused. The 3 books I bought are by Oxford, luckily, then I stopped and tried to find out what would be the difference between the two publishers. So.... that's it so far. I put the links as follows just so if anyone wants to see. Or, maybe I am just paranoid? :-) They are actually the same books? Kindly let me know if you find out...Appreciate it a bunch, because it's driving me nuts!

http://www.hpbmarketplace.com/booksearch.detail?invid=10801038601&browse=1&qwork=8799256&qsort=&page=1

http://www.hpbmarketplace.com/booksearch.detail?invid=10801038748&browse=1&qwork=8359124&qsort=&page=1

I'm thinking it's a website error because that ISBN is for the Oxford book, regardless of who the website says the published is. I think those are the books you want.

Thanks, I feel better now. Since there is no one ever had the problem, I guess I should be able to go ahead to purchase them. Thanks for taking time helping me.