Menu

Quick Prayer Please!

I'm working w/ some homeschoolers in Bastrop, TX, who have lost everything due to devastating fires in that area over Labor Day weekend. I just got an email from one of the three coordinators on the ground that there is a new, rather large fire that just started near her home. It is a very emotional time down there and the word "fire" can send chills down your spine. She is only a mile outside of the burn zone from the Labor Day weekend fires and was thankfully spared the last time fires swept through the area. She is very worried about this new fire. Please pray for her safety, the safety of her family, her property and her emotions! Thank you for lifting her up in prayer RIGHT NOW! She is a dear, dear soul, working so hard on behalf of those in need....

THANK YOU FOR PRAYING! :grouphug:

Dana Wixson

Tues, Oct 5, 2:20pm CST

Last report I had was it was 2 miles from her, but headed AWAY from her, Praise God! When I went to bed last night, it was still heading north/nw, but was 40% contained and they had doused it with retardant from the air. So, hopefully they got on it quickly. It went from 2 acres to 800-900 in just a few hours, classified as a fast-moving fire. I think it took a while for them to reach it due to location... Anyway, thanks for your prayers! I honestly felt they were answered rather quickly. (Thank you, Jesus!) Waiting today for a new update from my friend. Praying for her emotions, as well. Update here: http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Bastrop-fire-now-25-percent-contained-131153033.html As I said, my friend has been very instrumental in helping the homeschooling fire victims from the previous fires and so I'm praying for special protection for her and the others down there. So far, good news is no homes threatened... And, today's weather will help them fight it down there (higher humidity, lower winds). Thanks for joining me in praying! :grouphug:

Looks like they got a handle on this fire (dubbed "Old Potato Road fire") rather quickly. It was caused by stray needles from the last fire that caught on fire. It's a really volatile situation down there still, due to hot spots in the old fire - it takes a long time for things to settle down and cool down, even though they have it under control. The new fire only burned 300-400 acres, no structures were damaged, all evacuees were allowed to go back home, and they expect it to be 100% contained by next Friday, 10/14. PHEW! We are hoping for some rain this weekend, too!

Our faithful worker (for whom the fire was only 2 miles away and she could see the HUGE fire plume from her back yard) is just fine and back to work helping meet curriculum needs of the original Bastrop fire victims. Please pray not only for those affected by those previous, Labor Day weekend fires in Bastrop and surrounding areas, but also for those volunteers helping them put their lives back together.

Thanks so much for your prayers!:grouphug: