Menu

DVD Problems w/ La Clase Divertida?

Paige

Has anyone had trouble with their DVD player not recognizing the La Clase Divertida dvds? Mine quit recognizing the level 1 occasionally when we were almost finished with it. The last lesson we could only get to play about 2 times before we gave up. I thought it was because the dvd was old since I had bought it years before and put it aside when I decided my kids were too young. Now, we have level 2 and it played the first lesson fine a few days but then I had to take it out and blow on it and reset the player each time a couple of times before it would play. After the 2nd day of lesson 2, I can't get it to play at all anymore. There are no visible scratches and my other DVDs and CDs play normally. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if we have a bad DVD, or if it is somehow not compatible with my player or something else I can't think of? I asked the company for a replacement DVD and hopefully I'll hear back soon. I thought maybe someone would have a fix before I hear from them because it is taking a while to get a response.

Sometimes if you clean them they play better even if there are no visible scratches. (Clean with a electronics spray cleaner and electronic cleaning cloth. I also sometimes use my glasses cleaner and glasses cleaning cloth; although this is not recommended, it works.)

Also, if you stored them together, maybe they got too hot? Heat and sun can damage DVDs.

Our DVD players on the computer are also more sensitive than our portable DVD player we used to use on long car trips.