Menu

How does one find an educational "consultant"?

I'm new to the accelerated board. I really feel the need for a consultant or advisor to help me plan my son's academics. I've also never had him tested (except the EXPLORE test in 3rd grade) & would like to, but cannot afford it. I feel like I'm not helping him reach his full potential. He is gifted, but not motivated.

I have no idea how to begin looking for a consultant & then I have no idea how I would pay for one. One who also understands homeschooling & my concerns as a Christian parent would also be helpful.

If you are looking for someone to help pick curriculum, this board is your best bet. Really. Most educational professionals are in a school setting and no next to nothing about what is out there and how it might work for your child. They are used to dealing with the school system and that is what they know.

The folks here are pretty good at making a guess about what might work well and they know about a whole bunch of curriculum for various subjects. The people on the curriculum boards are pretty good at helping pick curriculum too, but they don't get gifted as well.

If you are looking for someone to help pick curriculum, this board is your best bet. Really. Most educational professionals are in a school setting and no next to nothing about what is out there and how it might work for your child. They are used to dealing with the school system and that is what they know.

The folks here are pretty good at making a guess about what might work well and they know about a whole bunch of curriculum for various subjects. The people on the curriculum boards are pretty good at helping pick curriculum too, but they don't get gifted as well.

:iagree::iagree: The only ones I've found who have good curriculum ideas for our family are other homeschooling moms with a similar background, locally and here on WTM.