Menu

Earth and Space science for an 8th grader

So- after doing ALOT of research into what dd needs to do for the college she wants to attend, and upon nearly 2 months of painstakingly going through what we will do for high school science-- I decided I had to change this years plans. (yup- kinda late, I know, but better now than never, right?!)

Anyways- I was planning on buying BJU Earth and Space Science for this school year but I think dh would head hunt me if I dared after I figure out what next years school will cost us.

SO- I need ideas- free resources to get a GOOD and DEEP Earth and Space Science study for this year for dd.

I found abunch of video on demand videos from Answers in Genesis. What else can you point me to? I am looking for books (not with evolutionary content in every other sentence), websites- anything that would make a strong curriculum for an 8th grader.

I am not opposed to evolutionary content, I just don't want every other sentence to be about millions of year, millions of years old, millions of years ago kwim? We are young earth creationists ;)

Thanks in advance!

The curriculum is written by Dr. David Shormann, and I've really been looking at it with interest. Along with other really great science and math courses, there is a brand new earth science program available just recently. I isn't on their official website yet, but you can read about it here on Dr. Shormann's blog, and you can download samples.

Blessings,

Lucinda

The curriculum is written by Dr. David Shormann, and I've really been looking at it with interest. Along with other really great science and math courses, there is a brand new earth science program available just recently. I isn't on their official website yet, but you can read about it here on Dr. Shormann's blog, and you can download samples.

Blessings,

Lucinda

That is what I am doing for high school. I had planned to do Physical Science this year but I decided to do that next year with BJU. This is AWESOME! Thank you :D

That is what I am doing for high school. I had planned to do Physical Science this year but I decided to do that next year with BJU. This is AWESOME! Thank you :D

REALLY!!!! Wow! I didn't know this. I love DIVE and I was just about to post to you that unfortunately DIVE doesn't have Earth/Space. I am so happy!!!

Heather

Whoooo hoooo!!! I'm so glad I made two hs moms happy with this news!! I am also excited about another 8th grade creation based science program coming out. And this seems like a program of real quality. Can't wait to use it myself!!

Blessings,

Lucinda