Menu

PE questions

KristenR

I recently started tracking our Kindergarten year with Homeschool Skedtrack. I am trying to work in a routine for myself so that when it comes time to legally be keeping track I will already have a guide in place.

That being said, do you guys track your PE hours? And what do you consider PE. Does it have to be "team" oriented?

Do things like swimming, biking, and playdates at the park count in your book?

:bigear:

If we had to keep track, I would use things like swimming, biking, or karate, although playdates would be more like recess. They don't need to be team oriented to count, P.E. is short for phyiscal education, after all, so anything having to do with expanding the child's boundaries physically counts in my book.

I consider swim team (3 hours a week) and martial arts (2 hours a week) to be DS's PE each week. If we do a structured sport or activity (like bike riding) with scouts where he's working toward an achievement, loop or pin, I'll count that too - but don't count his daily, normal activity or riding his bike in the afternoon.

We signed up with a charter school this year so we have to track P.E. No problem for my oldest 2. They are in team gymnastics so I don't record anything but time at the gym for them. My youngest needs 30 min a day but if we have 1 hour 1 day we don't need anything the next. I use 2 hours a week of his gym time then we add biking, trampoline, walking/running to get the mail (takes 15 min) and stuff like that. I was told that during the winter we can use Wii Fit to get our time if we want. I just count anything that gets his heart rate up for 15 min straight.