Menu

Make-up Guru - skin color matching question

Tohru

I haven't worn foundation in a few years and I think I'd like to start wearing again.

If one has dark freckles, light freckles and beige-ish colored mature skin, how should I try and match a color shade to my skin?

Which brand would help cover the lighter freckles the best without going into all those little, faint lines?

Thanks!

how should I try and match a color shade to my skin?

I wish I knew. Not that I'm interested in foundation, etc. anymore (and not to hijack your thread :tongue_smilie:). But now and again, I would love a great concealer (dark shadows under eyes). I wish they'd invent something that would work on all/most skin tones. Something natural. Something that doesn't show. I have yet to find one. The only make up I wear is the occasional tinted lip balm. Some great concealer would be nice also.

Maybe someone here can help? :bigear:

I have large pores (and freckles) and liquid foundation tends to look bad. I've recently tried mineral powder which is labeled as a "powder foundation" and it looks better than anything I've ever tried before, and without the "made up" feeling of liquid foundation.

ETA: I did buy the wrong colour at first - trial and error, unfortunately.

I now buy a department store brand or Mary Kay for my foundation matching. I worked with a consultant and actually had them apply it to my face. I discovered that I spent too much on trial and error at drugstores to make it much cheaper. I also learned that there are many different types of foundation formulations, so I was able to find one that worked for me and the coverage I sought.