Menu

Plato Middle School Science

The "titles" mentioned in the description (24 for Life Science, and 17 each for Earth and Space and Physical Science) are at least a week -unit in my opinion.

I thought we would do Plato Science on MWF and get a young earth perspective on TTh, but I have found that it would take ds over an hour to do the lesson itself for each unit, which is more than I want to spend on science. Then the activity takes about 20 min and the practice tests the same. The mastery test can run as long as 40 minutes. So I have him doing half of a lesson on M, half on Tues, the activity and practice tests on W, and the mastery test on Th. Even so, sometimes I have to split the lesson into three segments instead of two, as some of the run on even longer than I find reasonable for our schedule.

I have however heard of people whose children wanted to do a whole unit in one day. It would be fairly hard to predict which your child will be, unless you know how much time you want to allow them to spend on this subject. The nature of the program does not really allow for skimming or speed reading.