Menu

need info from oncology nurse or md, please

So sorry :( To keep up white blood cell count... try Organic Sesame Seed Oil... 1 TBS internally and also rubbed on them... is the dose for adults... (My mom had this recommended while at Cancer Center of America) Worked really well, and she could tell the couple weeks she didn't keep up. Probiotics... My mom had the option of Vitamin C intravenously... And at this clinic.. they do treatment more often.. but lower doses.... Sorry :(

thank you for the info. it is not for my son, rather a cousin of mine that is in her twenties and just got married. she has thymic lymphoma. i am assembling a care package for her, but wanted to be sure of side effects of med first to make sure i include helpful things in package. she will lose her hair.

angel

I went through breast cancer chemo and lost my hair. I don't know about the particular side effects of that drug. You'd have better luck looking for a forum that focuses on her kind of cancer.

I can tell you about general chemo side effects. Chemo kills fast growing cells, not just hair, but digestive system and nails. I got little ridges in my nails for each round of chemo. Digestive system causes not only nausea but also mouth sores and constipation AND/OR diarrhea. Balancing between the two was quite a trick. My taste buds were off and food tasted weird, but Zofran did a good job of controlling the nausea.

Stuff that was helpful for me: Biotene mouthwash to help with the mouth sores, hats/scarves from headcovers.com, a lint roller to get the annoying hair stubble off my head and to pick up the huge mess that is losing your hair, Aquaphor for dry skin, gum with Xylitol to help with dry mouth and metallic taste, flavored drinks that she likes because avoiding dehydration helps symptoms a lot. For makeup as treatment goes on, bronzer and eyebrow pencil was hugely helpful. Bronzer on your head and face makes you not look so pale and sick. Colace and Immodium are good to have on hand.

I went through breast cancer chemo and lost my hair. I don't know about the particular side effects of that drug. You'd have better luck looking for a forum that focuses on her kind of cancer.

I can tell you about general chemo side effects. Chemo kills fast growing cells, not just hair, but digestive system and nails. I got little ridges in my nails for each round of chemo. Digestive system causes not only nausea but also mouth sores and constipation AND/OR diarrhea. Balancing between the two was quite a trick. My taste buds were off and food tasted weird, but Zofran did a good job of controlling the nausea.

Stuff that was helpful for me: Biotene mouthwash to help with the mouth sores, hats/scarves from headcovers.com, a lint roller to get the annoying hair stubble off my head and to pick up the huge mess that is losing your hair, Aquaphor for dry skin, gum with Xylitol to help with dry mouth and metallic taste, flavored drinks that she likes because avoiding dehydration helps symptoms a lot. For makeup as treatment goes on, bronzer and eyebrow pencil was hugely helpful. Bronzer on your head and face makes you not look so pale and sick. Colace and Immodium are good to have on hand.

thank you so much. tips like these are what i need. how are you doing? i hope you are well. my best friend had breast ca. she is doing awesome now, but did go through bilat. breast mastectomies and reconstruction. please let me know how u are and again, i am grateful for your suggestions :001_smile: