Menu

Hallelujah! I finally have the correct edition of Kingfisher!

Hedgehog

Ever have that annoying situation when you order something you need, only to find that you've ordered the wrong edition, or even the wrong book?

I bought the Kingfisher History Encyclopedia about a year or so ago, and when it arrived I was puzzled to find that it was not only red, but also not laid out as had been described to me. DD11 tried to outline out of it, and struggled. So then I work out that actually there are two KFHs - a white one and a red one. I wait for there to be enough money in the homeschool budget to justify buying the one I really want, the white one. About a month ago, I order what I think must be the right one.. it was published in the 90s... it arrives.. and it's not white! It's blue and green! :001_huh: I still don't know whether I have the right one! Fast forward another month.. I discover that what I'm actually looking for is called the Kingfisher Illustrated History (how did I miss that important detail?) so I look again, find what looks like the right one on Amazon, and order it...

:party: Finally! I have the correct edition - it's white, it's the Illustrated History, it was published around 1993...

And I also notice, on comparison, that it is almost identical to the blue and green copy I bought a month ago. :svengo: Honestly, how do I manage it?

Fortunately, all three copies are in very good condition - almost like new - they might make nice gifts...

British version of the white book.

Tara

So are they really the same thing? I cannot find the white version, but I can find this. I have this. We like it, but I just use it for the pics and maps right now. We are not reading it. We read from SOTW and look at the page that corresponds. We study the maps and illustrations from several books.

I want a good version for outlining later...

So are they really the same thing? I cannot find the white version, but I can find this. I have this. We like it, but I just use it for the pics and maps right now. We are not reading it. We read from SOTW and look at the page that corresponds. We study the maps and illustrations from several books.

I want a good version for outlining later...

Your first link IS the white Kingfisher. Your second is the red Kingfisher.