Menu

Dress witches in pink and avoid white paper ....unbelieveble in the UK

pqr

I did mean to say that my favorite color is Brown, but not because it's a flesh color.;)

I remember being a little kid and asking my mom what her fav color was.

When she said "brown" I was DISGUSTED! That was definitely the wrong answer-- to a question without a right answer. :tongue_smilie:

(it was NOT a flesh color back then but a poo color and that was all, ew)

But now, yeah, brown is one of my favs too. Heh, kids are silly.

And maybe we shouldn't use brand new paper but old crumpled up sheets so that we don't further advance these questionable babes' ageism agendas.:glare:;)

1. People of color should stop referring to themselves as "black" and to people with less melanin as "white." I have never met a white or black person. I manage to get through my days without referring to myself as this color or that color. So do my kids (who happen to have brown skin).

2. Since there are no white people, white paper does not look like any person's skin. Now if you start going for tan, beige, orange, etc., you start getting closer to skin color. Not that kids draw only people in the first place (and not that kids stick to skin colors - I've seen my share of purple people drawings). I have no problem offering white paper along with a few pastel colors, but to imply that my having white paper equals my thinking my kids' skin is ugly? Wow, that's a stretch. I like to start out with white because it's the absence of color, and it gives me more freedom to create. Does that make me racist?

3. I've never seen an African-American looking witch decoration/costume. Have you? Why would wearing black clothes have anything to do with skin color or race? PS, priests/pastors wear black, too. Are certain cultures of color being racist when they use white for funerals?

4. Did my taxes fund this nonsense? I want my money back.

5. Isn't there anything important for educators to do, like, make sure more kids get help with reading? Oh hey - maybe they need to start printing books with blue words on pink paper. On the other hand, since words in books are usually black, should that mean children of color would be expected to be more literate than white children? I mean after all, it all comes down to color, doesn't it?