Menu

Library books list... is there an app for that?

I know it seems silly and my dh just smiled at me. But, I am thinking that there must be an app for that. Where you can make a list from the library site or whatever that will organize by call number and that you can "check" off as you get the book. For now I make a list and if a pencil is not at hand I keep on checking and double checking to make sure I already got the book. I plan a trip to get books for 3 weeks, so I normally get a good amount. Anyone more technology inclined perhaps know of such a thing.

Thanks. Be well

Miriam

Thank you Kristen. I found something called Library Books, which keeps track of all the books loaned and holds. Good thing to avoid fines, etc. it does not let me create a list with call numbers. I looked up the two you suggested and neither allow me to create a "wish" list. Indeed, I am looking for a mobile version. I just wish I was smart enough to develop apps for my needs. I have plenty of ideas, but am not able to do them. Humm, time to learn something new.

An idea that might work - use a grocery shopping app.

I have one that lets you input your own items, edit the names of "aisles/categories" and check them off the list into a cart.

You could just name your list "Library" and edit an aisle to be "Book."

That might work.

It's called Shopper and has a green background icon with a white shopping cart on it.

ETA: it also has a bar code scanner - so if you're in a bookstore and see one you want to put on the list you could just "scan" it and it usually pops up from amazon, and add it to your Library list.

Does your library have a mobile site (not necessarily an app, but a site that's easily readable on a mobile device)? Mine does, and in addition to putting books on hold, i can also add them to a virtual book shelf. I do think when I want to remember to put something on hold later (since we're only allowed 3 holds per card). I can also access my current checked out list online as well as renew things online.

Does your library have a mobile site (not necessarily an app, but a site that's easily readable on a mobile device)? Mine does, and in addition to putting books on hold, i can also add them to a virtual book shelf. I do think when I want to remember to put something on hold later (since we're only allowed 3 holds per card). I can also access my current checked out list online as well as renew things online.

I am not sure about that feature. I can place holds, renew, and review my items checked out online. However, a virtual book shelf is exactly what I am looking for. I will have to check on that. Thank you for the idea. Be well

Miriam