Menu

very emotional...ideas?

I am curious if anyone feels very emotional for no real reason? I feel overwhelmed at times with my kids taking care of them all day and doing all the appts. and stuff...while my hubby is working all day. (having an aspie and PDD kid doesnt help) It isnt that I dont like it...I just feel like I get angry pretty fast. I realize it right away but it always seems to happen.

I eat healthy & exercise so I dont think it is that...but I recently started waking up super sweaty. Im cold when I go to bed but hot in the morning.

Does Menopause start that way? I am just way to early I thought at 37! Is it possible that this is the start of that? How do you know? Is there a conclusive test that really tells you? I know I am not depressed...I dont feel like I have anger issues...I dont dislike my family...I just feel like Im worn out and getting angry or annoyed for stupid things. I guess my main thing is I REALIZE it. I know I shouldnt be getting upset but cant help it. I feel so stupid sometimes! :confused:

Is there something to take or do besides exercise if it is early menopause causing this crazy emotional roller coaster.

Edited by mchel210

My first thought based on your first paragraph was "menopause". Then I continued reading and thought "definitely menopause, poor thing!" There are blood tests you can get to determine if your hormone levels are in the menopausal range, but menopause is really all about how you are feeling.

I would recommend going to your doctor to make sure you are healthy in every other way. Sometimes I have felt like you described when I had a mild sinus infection.

There are plenty of over the counter remedies for beginning menopause. You might find relief by just drinking a tea or increasing a vitamin. Do a google search on menopause or peri-menopause. Peri-menopause is early menopause and yes, you can begin at 37. Menopause typically goes on for about 10 years. You will go through a variety of symptoms during that time. Some symptoms are easy and some are hard.

Hope that helps!

:grouphug:

Natural progesterone cream may be just what you need!

Look in the yellow pages for a compounding pharmacy. Call them and ask for recommendations for a good doctor who prescribes natural progesterone cream. They can do tests and see what you need.

It can make a world of difference. My old doctor said his wife called it her Happy Cream.:grouphug:

I recently went to my gyn because I thought I was starting menopause (I'm 35). I have all of your symptoms plus increased facial hair, sore bOOks, nausea, weight gain, over-the-top irritation at any little thing, insomnia, night sweats, etc.

My doctor didn't think it was menopause, but he did suggest PPMD. Since you are so young (like me ;) ) do you think PMDD fits your profile better than menopause? The key for me was realizing that I feel my absolute best (emotionally) on the first day of my period, even though I feel pretty rough physically that day. Could you track your moods and symptoms for a few months and see when you feel better and worse?

From WebMD:

What Are the Symptoms of PMDD?

The symptoms of PMDD can include any of the following:

• Mood swings
  • Depressed mood or feelings of hopelessness
  • Marked anger, increased interpersonal conflicts
  • Tension and anxiety
  • Irritability
  • Decreased interest in usual activities
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Fatigue
  • Change in appetite
  • Feeling out of control or overwhelmed
  • Sleep problems
  • Physical problems, such as bloating

Thank you for the starting points. I never heard of PPMD. I will look into that and I think I will get in touch with my dr. either way and see what they say. My mom says she believes she started her menopause symptoms in her mid 30's as well...so I guess I could be following her. If only the Dr.s wouldnt be so quick to blow me off. I think I will talk to my endro when I go see him. I think he would know about hormones the best?