Menu

Help! Anyone doing TPS French class?

This is our first year doing French (my dd is in French 1). I am technically challenged I guess as this is driving me batty. I know after we get through this week all will be well, but I have a couple questions and don't want to keep bothering Madame S and thought of you guys!

• We cannot get the keyboard to work for us (have changed it, but it doesn't seem to want to work how it's supposed to). This isn't a big deal as my dd will just use the Alt/number method for now. Did you get your keyboard to work for your student?

• How do we upload her assignment for chapter one? Does she have to retype all that out again or could I scan the page or what?

Thanks for any help on this,

Margo

We're also studying French this year. My computer's operating system is XP. We're using the U.S. English Internation version of the keyboard. So far, I've not had problems typing the accent marks. I goggled typing French accent marks and then just followed the directions from there. What keyboard layout are you using? I have a cheat sheet with the correct key strokes because I can't remember them. I'm sorry I'm not more helpful.

ETA: We're not using TPS French though so I'm really not very helpful!

Ann

Edited by emzhengjiu

Margo,

As far as "bothering" Madame S, I would have your daughter contact her about uploading the assignment. (From your signature line it looks like she is 16, correct?) Madame S is very helpful, and it is a great idea to train your daughter to work with her teacher to arrive at solutions. Sometimes in the beginning, the momma needs to be at the elbow to encourage (and make sure things get done). But it really is best to work through your daughter not for her. :001_smile:

It's a bit like teaching them to drive. You are in the passenger seat; your dd is driving. Sort of - you're still kinda driving. Only now it's harder. You have to drive with your mouth and your patience. MUCH more difficult than driving with the wheel and the gas pedal.

BUT in the long run, the little people become good drivers. So I suspect it's worth it. ;)

Peace,

Janice

But it really is best to work through your daughter not for her. :001_smile:

Excellent advice! I showed my dd your post and she is now going to contact her teacher and ask that very question. And I figured out the other problem (thanks to Ann, I searched Google again and found more detailed instructions). So, I guess we're all set.

Thanks, Janice, for that little nudge; I needed it!

Margo