Menu

What is best way to prepare for SATII English Literature?

I am interested in this as well. I just picked up a Barron's SAT II Literature test prep book at Border's for 90% off. With a quick browse of the contents, it looks as if it is heavy on the literary terms and concepts, test taking skills and strategies and a review of the 7 Literary Elements (Meaning; form; narrative or voice; tone; character; use of language; and meanings in context.)

I will be watching this thread and hoping that the book I have will help. Thank you for asking this question. Hopefully, you will get some good responses.

Dd took some great English courses in high school (the best preparation), always read a lot of classics (also best preparation), and used the Barron's and Princeton Review study guides.

She found both guides to be quite helpful, since the material covered dealt with some terms she hadn't run across yet.

She found the Lit SAT-2 to be more challenging than any of the math or science or history ones she took, but that may reflect her personal bent -- she's an engineer. (She still found it easier than the Latin SAT-2!)