Menu

Saxon 5/4

jeffcolemanfamily

I am moving my son from Math U See to Saxon. Gulp. He will be doing Saxon 5/4. In looking at the curriculum, I can not tell if there are any manipulatives that I need to order with that. Does anyone know what items I should order with the math homeschool kit? Ruler, protractor, etc?

Please help!

Thanks so much!

Edited by jeffcolemanfamily
add

I purchased a 12 inch ruler at one point. I did get some money versus using the print outs, but otherwise you don't need much.

My advice is to go slow! Do not be afraid to skip what you already know. Making a transition, you may find that it is extremely difficult to adjust to a new style. My first two switched from MUS without much difficulty. We, however, used the second edition, if I remember correctly. I stepped back from Saxon this year for various reasons. Dd needs to move faster, and I had a hard time doing this with an incremental approach text.

My first dd loved it all the way through Algebra II. :D

You may know this, but I would need to be told - it is a circular compass (to make a perfect circle). Also, some containers for pint, quart, gallon, 1/2 gallon, liter. there is a list of materials needed in the beginning of the book - page xxi. Also a calculator. If you don't have the page let me know and I will make the list for you.

Also, make about 100 copies each of worksheet B and C and about 20 of worksheet E.

Also, make about 100 copies each of worksheet B and C and about 20 of worksheet E.

We use worksheet B for every lesson. It helps keep her on track, she likes the checklist. :)

Worksheet C was used a handful of times and then we switched to graph paper. (Now she's graduated to regular lined paper.)

We don't use Worksheet E.