Menu

New Baby for toddler/preschooler book suggestions?

Tohru

For Toddlers I loved this board book

My New Baby

http://www.amazon.com/My-New-Baby/dp/0859539741/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316109037&sr=1-1

The one I linked is out of print but there are used copies available. There is also a newer version of it by Rachel Fuller.

I loved this book because it had no words so everytime we looked at/read the book it was different and it depended on who was reading it. Also I loved that it shows a mom nursing the baby and dad helping out with not only the little boy but also the baby.

There is also one about waiting for the new baby as well.

This one is a favorite at our house The Baby Sister by Tomie dePaola. I'd say it is more on the older preschool level.

or

Oonga Boonga by Freida Wishinsky. It is a short, cute story of a boy who is the only one in the family who can make the new baby happy with his secret phrase - "Oonga boonga". Be sure to find the edition with the illustrations by Carol Thompson - they perfectly capture how a newborn looks (in a cute way :) ). I really don't know why the publishers changed illustrators with the newer edition?