Menu

Need Help for Kennedy Space Center Visit

Education Explorers

My husband has a last minute business trip this weekend to the Daytona area. We have decided as a new HS family to take advantage of the opportunity and to take our learning on the road. Unfortunately I have nothing prepared for space since we have been delving quite deeply into Ancient Egypt for the past week. Does anyone have any curricula, notes or hints that they could share with me so that I could put together a couple days of "school" while we are there? I would appreciate any help you could offer.

KSS is fun. :)

I agree that you don't really need anything beforehand, but if you are inclined to look anyway, you might try to see if NASA's education page has anything you can use. Also, if you have an iPhone, NASA has a free app on there, too. :)

I was going to recommend the nasa education website. Here is a direct link to their Kids club.

Thanks for the ideas. Maybe I do need to relax and just enjoy what we learn as we go through the Space Center. I just wanted to try and maximize the opportunity.

I know I still have a criticism of HSers I read awhile ago stuck in the back of my mind about how HSers just go on field trips and count it as school. When I read the comment I thought of all the school field trips that I was a chaperone for... the school sure counted it as school. I know I shouldn't let one biased opinion effect me. I think maybe I have more "newbie confidence jitters" than I thought.

I will practice deep breathing and we will have a great time. I'm sure we will learn a lot too.:)