Menu

Course Contract for 9th grade English

In order to meet his specific needs, I am going to use a unique combination of resources for this year's English I credit for my 9th grader. I would like to write a course contract so that both of us know what will need to be accomplished in order to earn the credit.

Does anyone who has done this have a contract that they would be willing to share with me? I'm looking for a model to follow.

Do you mean a course syllabus? I created a pretty detailed one that explains general assignments, student expectations, scope & sequene, grade breakdown, reading requirments, etc. It also includes a variety of "book projects" to do so my son is not writing an essay for every book we read. If this is what you're looking for, I'd be happy to share it with you.

Do you mean a course syllabus? I created a pretty detailed one that explains general assignments, student expectations, scope & sequene, grade breakdown, reading requirments, etc. It also includes a variety of "book projects" to do so my son is not writing an essay for every book we read. If this is what you're looking for, I'd be happy to share it with you.

If you don't mind I would love to have a copy of your English syllabus! I will pm you my email.

It does sound like the course syllabus you made might fit the bill. It sounds much more detailed than many syllabi that I've seen. I'm sending you a PM w/my email address. I'd sure appreciate it if you could send it my way.

I am getting the phrase "course contract" from an old book I picked up: Homeschooling the High Schooler.

• 3 weeks later...