Menu

Letter Writing Opportunity for Christian Students

I receive a daily devotional from Open Doors, a non-profit organization that serves and supports persecuted Christians throughout the world. Just recently I learned that Open Doors has extended an invitation to write letters and cards of encouragement to persecuted Christians. My dd and I read about this and both wanted to participate, and so today we drafted our first letters and are sending them to be distributed - one to Sri Lanka and another to Ethiopia.

As I was writing it occurred to me that other Christian homeschool families (with students who are mature enough to reach out to people that are suffering) might like to know about this opportunity too. Here is a link that will provide stories of real life people that need encouragement and prayer.

Dd and I wrote our letters and placed them in unsealed envelopes that were addressed to the names that were provided, then we slipped both of them into a larger envelope that was addressed to Open Doors.

Please note that this is not a solicitation for financial support of any kind. It is only an invitation to write letters to encourage those in need, share scriptures and offer prayers.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Thank you for sharing this opportunity! I looked at the link and website. My family would enjoy getting involved in such a simple encouragement to our brothers and sisters in Christ. I am sure my dd would even enjoy decorating cards or pictures.

That's perfect, and is exactly what I'd hoped for when I posted.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Lucinda, it looks like a great ministry. But my question is how does writing a letter not further endanger the safety of the persecuted Christian?

I don't believe sending letters to all persecuted areas of the world would be safe. In the case of Open Doors, however, they know the people and the areas very well and they take great care. That is one big reason why our cards and letters are sent to that organization to distribute accordingly. The letters are sent in ways that allow the receiver to be safe. The point is that these people desperately need encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ.

If you explore the site from the link I included in my op, you will see a bit more about how it works. They have a letter writing guide that is very helpful too.

Blessings,

Lucinda