Menu

Explode the code online: Anyone like it? x post

• 2 weeks later...

but my experience may not be typical. I'm using it to remediate/support a 6yo who's already reading and has ADHD. Her ability to read fluently is impaired by her slow processing speed and inability to concentrate on oral instructions. The short online lessons (audio) and built in rewards system are perfect for *this* child. She does 30 minutes a day and barely notices that time has flown by. It's forcing her to focus on details rather than gloss over/guess. It's already helping with her reading comprehension, and she's now voluntarily slogging through usborne level 3 readers.

The online method is not going to help an emergent reader as much, I think. Typing on the keyboard isn't nearly as powerful as writing/copying the words. Still, we didn't need that for DD, we needed the content to be more engaging. We don't help her figure out the confusing pictures (problem-solving using new strategies is another area of weakness for dd) so any gains she makes are directly attributable to her own learning. Most days, I peak in on her dancing in her chair as a new reward is earned. Her printed certificate for book one is proudly taped above her bed.

For us, this software is perfect. For others *shrug* who knows.:confused1: