Menu

Need resource books on Jack the Ripper

My 17dd needed to submit a topic for her world history paper. She chose to discuss the profiling/evidence techniques during the Jack the Ripper investigation and how that case helped drive changes in investigations.

Now she needs to read a non-fiction, historical account of the case and write a book report.

There are sooooo many titles out there. Does anyone have a recommendation? She is a mature 17 yo so factual gore is okay but I would prefer not to get a book with glamorizes it. She is interested in the investigation angle - evidence gathering, profiling, etc.

try the jack the ripper book by patricia cornwell. lots of factual information about what the officials of the time did compared to what would be done today. your daughter may or may not agree with her conclusion on the identity of jack the ripper.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_22?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=jack+the+ripper+patricia+cornwell&sprefix=jack+the+ripper+patric&x=0&y=0

try the jack the ripper book by patricia cornwell. lots of factual information about what the officials of the time did compared to what would be done today. your daughter may or may not agree with her conclusion on the identity of jack the ripper.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_22?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=jack+the+ripper+patricia+cornwell&sprefix=jack+the+ripper+patric&x=0&y=0

I really liked this book as well.