Menu

Texas wildfires

We evacuated Monday night, just got home a few hours ago, and may have to leave again any minute. One fire is 4 miles west of us now.

It should be the LEAST of my worries, but I can't imagine how we can leave for our ridiculously expensive Disney vacation on Saturday.

Can we use our trip insurance if it is declared an emergency?

Who do I contact and what should I say?

:grouphug: fires are scary and lousy. i am sorry. its hard to know from one minute to the next.

but

fwiw

maybe disney would be better than a shelter?

if you really do want to cancel, then read the policy and see if anything in there sounds like the fire would fall under it?

:grouphug::grouphug:

ann

I'd call whoever you got the trip insurance through, and explain the situation.

You could also contact the various entities (Disney, airlines, hotel, etc. individually.) I know that the airlines were pretty accommodating for a friend who was supposed to leave for a convention Monday night. She was in Steiner (further down than the fires, but still evacuated until noon yesterday), and they readily cancelled and refunded without penalty, as did the convention people. The hotel cancelled without charging, too.

Praying that you don't have to get out again.