Menu

proclick or combinding that is the question

campmom

please tell me the answer !

I like to give my dc the papers individually instead of in a notebook. So what I would like to do is be able to punch the pages and put them in the comb binding or proclick maybe at the end of every week or 2. Not make a whole book all at once.

Does anyone know which one of these would work better to be able to do it that way?

TIA

I really don't want a binder because at the end of the year I want it to be more of a finished book. One for Math , one for phonics etc.

Is the proclick easy to open and close? I was under the impression that it was hard to open and close once it was together.

I really don't want a binder because at the end of the year I want it to be more of a finished book. One for Math , one for phonics etc.

Is the proclick easy to open and close? I was under the impression that it was hard to open and close once it was together.

Nope! It's very much like a series of plastic binder rings all linked together. My 3yo can open and close them.

My 3yo can open and close them.

My 2 yo can too, much to my dismay! :lol:

I think a comb bound book would be a pain to deal with, and I don't like comb binding anyway. I much prefer spiral.

I use the Proclick and wouldn't want to take it apart a LOT, but it's not hard either. In your shoes, I'd probably use a binder during the year, then at the end, take the pages out and have them spiral bound (either do it yourself or take them to a copy shop). But if you really don't want to use the binder, the Proclick would work fine. Unzipping and zipping it back up is very easy (you use a little tool to do it quickly).

I got it when they had that deal on Amazon, so it was a package thing with the basic desktop one (I can do about 5 sheets at a time easily), 25 spines (1/2", I think?), and a bunch of report covers which are actually quite nice. It was about $50, which was a great price. I don't know if you can get a deal like that now.