Menu

The Debt (the movie)

Dh & I saw The Debt tonight & we both thought it was really very good. It is adapted from an Israeli movie (Ha-Hav) & is (at least, imo) very European in pacing & storytelling style. (Basically, it is not a typical American-style thriller or action flick.)

The actors did a great job, especially the actors playing the young versions of the characters! I heard an interview w/ John Madden (director) where he said they shot the movie chronologically (though the story is not told that way). So, the young actors did their parts, then the actors playing the older versions of the characters watched the younger ones & modeled their mannerisms off of that. They did a good job matching the characters as far as physical traits, as well as following personalities, mannerisms, etc....

Definitely recommended.

Dh & I saw The Debt tonight & we both thought it was really very good. It is adapted from an Israeli movie (Ha-Hav) & is (at least, imo) very European in pacing & storytelling style. (Basically, it is not a typical American-style thriller or action flick.)

The actors did a great job, especially the actors playing the young versions of the characters! clap.gif I heard an interview w/ John Madden (director) where he said they shot the movie chronologically (though the story is not told that way). So, the young actors did their parts, then the actors playing the older versions of the characters watched the younger ones & modeled their mannerisms off of that. They did a good job matching the characters as far as physical traits, as well as following personalities, mannerisms, etc.... clap.gif

Definitely recommended.

284x155.png

Cool. I've been wanting to watch.

Stacia, thank you. Hoping we can see it here. Sounds really good

BTW, on a completely different note, did you and your dh get to see Crazy Stupid Love? At first, I didn't care for it, but once the movie get going, I really liked it. Thought of you since you and your dh see quite a lot of movies :D.

BTW, on a completely different note, did you and your dh get to see Crazy Stupid Love? At first, I didn't care for it, but once the movie get going, I really liked it. Thought of you since you and your dh see quite a lot of movies :D.

Yes, a friend & I went to see it. (Dh had no interest in this one. :lol:) I thought it was decent enough for a 'chick flick' category film. Ryan Gosling was very good in it. And, it was fun to see Kevin Bacon in a movie again.

ETA: Here's a thread about Crazy Stupid Love: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297551&highlight=crazy+stupid+love

Edited by Stacia

Ryan Gosling was very good in it. And, it was fun to see Kevin Bacon in a movie again.

ETA: Here's a thread about Crazy Stupid Love: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297551&highlight=crazy+stupid+love

Stacia, yes, Ryan Gosling is a great actor. He's on one of my pinterest pages

Thanks for the link to the thread. Will check it out soon.

And yes, it was nice to see Kevin Bacon as well as Marisa Tomei. We really liked the cast.