Menu

Explode the Code vs AAR/AAS

Jamauk

I purchased AAS1 & 2 for my older son and I know he's going to fly through them, but he reallly needs spelling help.

I bought AAR PreLevel 1 for my younger son and I'm pretty sure we're going to finish that up before the end of the month.

He's really excited about learning to read and it took quite a bit of work on my part to build his confidence enough to believe that he actually *will* be able to read (for some reason he just through reading wasn't in the cards for him????)

Anyway, I'm not sure I want to wait for AAR1 to come out if we finish up Pre 1 early, so I'm considering switching him to Explode the Code. Would this take the place of AAS1 as well, or should I use them together?

Does anyone know if these flow well together? Thoughts? Thanks!

Edited by Jamauk
got distracted and didn't finish my thoughts!

I'd never let ETC take the place of AAS. We're in AAS 4 and DD worked thru the first 5 books of ETC until we finally got rid of them. To me, ETC was busy work unless you take the time to teach them alongside. AAS has been thorough and easy. I'd do AAS with or without ETC but not ETC on it's own. Just my opinion. :-)