Menu

college doesn't want any application stuff in mail...

bettyandbob

Anyone get this. An admissions counselor called my ds yesterday to say he'd received ds's application. Ds was not home so counselor spoke to me and was asking for stuff to be emailed or faxed. SAT/ACT scores, transcript, senior schedule. I thought he'd want the scores directly from the testing service. I thought a school would want originals of all documents. As he was telling me this, he grumbled about the USPS service to the school.

I thought it was weird.

My son is applying ED to one college this year, so hopefully this will be a "one and done" process. I am so thankful that this college is small enough that it only does paper applications -- we can handle this! :001_smile::lol::D

For my older kids I only had to deal with on-line apps for the apps themselves; we could always submit paper alongside the apps. I am reading with great trepidation about the switch to online everything for NMF applications and the Common App.

Best wishes -- exclusively online apps take a hair-raising process and up the stress level by a factor of ten!

That sounds complicated. I was relieved my sons' college was perfectly happy to have paper. They only applied to the one and we sent everything via paper, from the rec's and doctors' forms to the application itself. I have a picture of my middle one sitting at the table on our sailboat filling his out. I dread dealing with the youngest's applications. He will probably apply to more than one school and in all likelyhood at least part will have to be electronic. Sigh. I suppose it is good for the trees, though.

Nan

After going through this w/2 dd, most have the on-line application. Most want the act/sat scores sent directly from the tester. My transcript has been mailed, hand delivered, faxed & e-mailed. Dd#1's U wanted everything electronically while dd#2's had to have the transcript notarized so it had to be "original." Transcript from cc has come directly from them to the final college of choice.

It's all roll with the punches.