Menu

Writing with Ease to Winning With Writing?

Mommamia

We are using WWW currently. Love it! Dd7 is working slowly through WWW3 (along w/ WWE2) and dd8 is using WWW4 (along with a bit of IEW, PT and other resources intermixed). Starting this week, I am beginning some CW Aesop retelling along with the creative writing chapter in WWW. A hybrid approach works well here. I love the results.

HTH!!

BTW, my goal is WWW5/6 & WWWS for grade 5.

We did WWE1 and moved to WWW2. It was a pretty easy transition, actually. I'm happy with it. WWE and WWW focus on different skills and while I'm pleased with the foundation built in WWE1, there was a big jump in skills to WWE2 and Ariel is interested in writing her own stories, which WWE (at least in the early levels) does not help with.

We are also using WWW3 along with WWE2. My daughter loves to write, so Winning with Writing has been perfect to move her actual writing skills along. We failed to like Writing with Ease in the past, but now are enjoying it, mainly for the story selections. My daughter has no problem with dictation and narration, but we look forward to the skills she'll get with Writing With Skill down the road. I hear WWE will get harder in 3 and 4, so it can't hurt to keep up with the classical methods of narration/dictation.

We also love the combo of GWG/FLL for grammar. :)

We're about to make the switch here for DS, but I will continue with WWE style for history, lit, etc. I think I needed the handholding to get the idea. ;) I'd like to start working in some more traditional writing skills for DS, but we are starting lower with WWW3 (though we came from WWE2, so maybe it's about right.)