Menu

CC --- Memory Work CD

I'm getting ready to place my order and I'm wondering if you feel the Memory Work CD is a must have or can we do without?

I feel like $30 is a lot for a CD, but I'll buy it if it's tremendously helpful. :)

Is that the music CD or the computer CD? We love the computer CD! It has lots of resources on it.

The music is vaguely annoying in a trying-to-be-too-classical kind of way, but it is the primary means through which my kids learn the material. We listen to it in the car a few times (I just put it on "repeat"), then I really teach it at home (what words mean and so on), then they listen in the car to review/really learn it.

Two of my kids love the history songs - and that's all they listen to on the disk. The youngest has learned some of the skip counting to the tunes - but only in class. Occassionally I'll play one of the math tunes if we need it while doing Saxon math.

The mp3 are available on CC Connected, but I think its a bit pricey for non-CC folks. The audio cd is probably more economical.

For us - it was worth having the cd only for the history songs.