Menu

Math Mammoth fiasco!

amyinva

Uuugghh! I have been patiently waiting to get my Math Mammoth download email, after buying through the Homeschool Buyers Co-op. I got it today, downloaded it, and I got the WRONG ONE! I got Blue, and what I wanted was Light Blue. Could they not name these different colors to avoid confusion!?

I emailed but have not heard anything. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm really hoping they will switch it, but if not is it going to be a huge pain to use the Blue series - can I figure out the order, etc? My understanding is that everything is there, all the same lessons, but I really don't want to have to do a ton of lesson planning.

Whine, whine, rant, rant. Okay, I know it is my fault. But, please, somebody make me feel better!

If it makes you feel any better, I was two seconds away from doing the same thing. I caught it right as I was about to hit the final order button. :grouphug:

Me too. The blue was the default selection and it took me a minute to realize before checkout.

I intentionally bought the Blue series last year. If I remember correctly, somewhere is a form or webpage that lists all the grades and what should be covered in each. So, to answer your question, if it is a problem to switch- I'm sure that form would be the answer to your problem. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Sharon

I have not had trouble figuring out how to use the Blue Series as a core math curriculum. I originally planned to use it as a supplement, but my daughter really liked it, so we wound up using it all last year and plan to use it again this year.

There is a table on the web site showing when to use which books. You can also look at the table of contents of the light blue books and match up the section names with the same sections in the blue books. I know that sounds like a pain, but it only took me 15 minutes to do it for the entire school year.