Menu

Kindle with ads...

I am in need of a second Kindle. It seems my girls like mine.:lol: Does anyone have the one with ads. It is a great price. I was wondering if the ads were distracting while you are reading? It sounds like they are used as screensavers and run along the bottom of the pages? Are the ads...decent? My girls are old enough, but I don't want them swamped by those silly Viagr@ ads.:glare:

My dh got me the Kindle with ads, and it doesn't bother me at all. Like the PP said it's just a screen saver and in a small strip along the home page. I've never had it come up when reading. So far I've only seen car ads and Visa, I think. Wait, I just opened it up and now there is an ad for Audible.com (which I think is affiliated in some way with the Kindle). I don't like being advertised to but these seem pretty low key.

The Kindle with Special Offers is great! They have had some great coupons that have more than paid for the kindle. I stocked up on some $ health-food type groceries with the 50% off groceries code and saved $200.

The K3GSO is $139... or get it from Staples right now and get a $30 gift card. The regular is $189. Instead of ads of little girls doing their math homework, they have pictures of dead authors:D

Check out deal boards like slickdeals.net to see past coupons, etc.

It is not designed to be a great web browser and is not touchscreen, but the free 3G internet has been great! Our internet didn't work for a few days and I could check my email with the kindle. I've taken it on a trip and used it to find addresses, etc. I'm a fan:o)