Menu

Has anyone used Winterpromise's LA for a kindergartener?

kokotg

I'm thinking of getting it for my then newly 5 DS to use next year. I like that it has different levels to choose from, as he already knows his letters and basic letter sounds, so he doesn't need a lot of time on that. We've tried Phonics Pathways and 100 EZ lessons, and he gets bored very quickly. I think he needs something sort of....shinier. More color, more hands-on stuff, etc. Any thoughts/opinions? Thanks!

I'm seeing 3 levels....the preK/K that spends a lot of time going over individual letters, then the advanced K that just reviews for a few weeks then jumps into reading, and then an accelerated K. Is it the middle one that you're saying is pretty challenging? He's sort of maybe on the verge of sounding out words...he can read the easiest of the Bob books with some help, but it's hard to tell how much he's really reading and how much he's just sight reading familiar words and/or guessing based on the pictures and the initial sounds. But we're still 4 or 5 months away from when we'd start, so who knows what could happen by then...