Menu

Ready or not, we start tomorrow. Who else?

Dd15 starts today. Dd8 has been half-time this summer, and after taking last week off, we were all set to go full-time this week....

... and dd4 woke up at 4 a.m. with a high fever, nausea, and the General Miseries. I am so tired, poor me. She is now watching Word World, dd8 (who sleeps in the top bunk and was woken up by the noise and light) is sleeping in, dh is passed out on the bed.

Maybe we'll start on Wednesday. :tongue_smilie:

I feel your pain. We start today, and the toddler had a really rough night. Running on no sleep and lots of coffee today. I have a feeling it's going to be a light day.

The week after this we start our one day a week co-op. Then the week after that my baby turns 16!! :eek: How did that happen so quickly?

:svengo:

Dd15 starts today. Dd8 has been half-time this summer, and after taking last week off, we were all set to go full-time this week....

... and dd4 woke up at 4 a.m. with a high fever, nausea, and the General Miseries. I am so tired, poor me. She is now watching Word World, dd8 (who sleeps in the top bunk and was woken up by the noise and light) is sleeping in, dh is passed out on the bed.

Maybe we'll start on Wednesday. :tongue_smilie:

:grouphug:

We do! I'm up early...b/c I should be up getting ready for school, preparing breakfast, getting dressed, etc. But I'm here....this is not a good sign.:glare:

:lol:

Our first day went relatively well (for a 1st day). Ds1st still has most of his school work to do :001_huh: Dd4th has a math lesson. Dd8th and dsK are done. I really think our curriculum choices are finally FINALLY all what we need! We will see in a few weeks. I am still going to add in MC but I don't have it yet so that can wait a bit I guess.

How about the rest of you??

We did it!! Made it through an entire day's schedule (even the first day back for piano lessons) without any issues or meltdowns. And...my house doesn't look like a disaster area! :D To finish the day my dd even made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I pray ever day goes as smooth.

Oh, we started Sentence Family today and my ds loves it!

We started today too!! It went great! This is my 3rd year doing this... REALLY? Wow.

Anyways, 3rd year doing this, and I FINALLY feel like I've got the hang of it!!

Our schoolroom set-up is great, we are LOVING My Father's World-Adventures and we are LOVING Classical Conversations.

We got everything done, plus guitar practice, and I even folded some laundry while DS colored.

I started at 10:00, as opposed to 8:00 a.m., like I wanted to, but I'm hoping to get that ironed out before the end of this week.

Luckily, none of our activities have started. Homeschool PE/Health (2x a week), AWANA (1 night a week), CC Co-op (1 day a week) and Soccer (3x a week) have not started yet. And they all start with a stagger. By the time October hits, I won't have time to breathe!!!

We had an awesome first day--the boys were happy, cooperative and focused! The boys tried some new-to-us curriculum (Life of Fred Apples, Lollipop Logic, Growing with Grammar) and everything was well-received. Fingers crossed the rest of the week (and year!) goes as well. :D