Menu

Christian Kids Explore Biology

I don't have experience with the biology book, but I bought the physics book this year for my 8th grader.

It's very light, but as I read through it, I see some heavier concepts covered later on. I'm debating using some of the other texts I have instead. She's got a very rigorous course load in other subjects this year, so I wanted something light for science. This might be too light though.

ETA: I just saw your other post. I'm not a young earth person either, and generally, I vastly prefer secular science materials. However, other than the occasional Bible verse in the sidebars, there is very little Christian content, at least in the physics book.

Edited by sailmom
more info

I purchased the Earth Science book and it is DEFINITELY Young Earth so I would imagine the Biology book would be too. She discusses it in the text as well as the sidebars.

Good to know, thank you! I'll steer clear of those ones then. I'll also have to take a closer look at the Physics book I have.

I can't really see where you would fit old earth/young earth in biology and I don't mind the creationist point of view, so this may still work for us (but we won't be using the earth science one).

You have a good point. It might be a good question to ask on another thread. I know some old earth people believe the dinosaurs did not live with humans, but I don't know what she covers in that book.

Blessings!

Dorinda

I have several of her books on my shelf, so I took a look again. In biology, it begins with creation vs. evolution. So if you believe in evolution, you may have an issue with this book. It clearly is written from a Biblical perspective which is God created the Earth. She doesn't make an issue of what year it was created in, which would be Young Earth vs. Old Earth theories. She simply takes the position that God created it and the Bible says 6 days. Nor does she make any positions on how long a day is. So whether you believe Young Earth or Old Earth, I do not see anything that would give you a problem.

In regards to dinasaurs and how they are treated. They are not covered at all in this book.

I think this book is geared toward a third or fourth grade level, meaning ages 8 -10. As they get older than that, it needs beefing up.

I hope this helps you a bit in making your decision.