Menu

Ok, maybe not everyone loves her writing style, but...

ahhh! sanctuary!!! we are in a tiny singlewide so I love to dream about spaces that are large and beautiful like this. thank you for sharing. I looked at the other spaces/sites and I really am drawn to the nature/earthiness of her room (more than the modern/industrial look of some - although I enjoy their organizational ideas too)

I saw it the other day while doing a search for pics of homeschool classrooms. I think it is very nice, simple, classic and uncluttered but I saw others that I liked better. I personally have lots of art supplies and learning games and so much more that I didn't see there. Where is all the "stuff" hidden?

Same here! My dd that is getting a hand me down electric typewriter for her 10th birthday, has been asking for a typewritter for over a year. Ever since she read Kit Kittredge.

And I personally love the music on her website. This is very similar to what my favorite Pandora station plays.

That's what started it for my daughter as well :001_smile:

Yes. :001_huh:

Some people do have fine homes that they keep clean and neat. Even homeschoolers. Some decorate and clean their homes by themselves, some hire it done, but lots and lots of people have nicely kept and beautiful homes. And anyone who looks at photos of Ann and her husband can easily see by the family resemblance that those fine children are theirs, too. I'm pretty sure we are indeed looking at Ann's kids at home. Strange question!

I hope she doesn't read here, lest she get discouraged and wonder why she ever thought she should share her home, her life, her religion, her compassion, or her beautiful thoughts. Because I want her to keep sharing.

:iagree:wholeheartedly!!!!!

I absolutely loved her book. As I said to a friend just this morning, she writes like I think. Her photography is stunning and elicits an emotional response from me. I enjoy reading about her use of old family treasures. And I love the fact that she's willing to share the joy and beauty she finds in living life.

If you go back far enough in her blog you'll find out that she has laundry piles in her house just like the rest of us. ;)

It is a gorgeous room. I wish she wouldn't play that music on her site. I guess my computer is kind of loud but it's always startling and unpleasant to me, not at all the peaceful atmosphere she's going for.

I do wish I had more space, but then I remember that I could really keep the space that I have more neat and well organized. :)