Menu

First Language Lessons 4?

ShelliR

Is Jessie writing a book 4? I just love, love, love First Language Lessons 3!. My youngest is in grade 3 this year and I know it's hopeful thinking that there would be a new one for us each year.... I've used Rod and Staff with my other kids and I don't really want to go back to that again for 4th grade... What do others plan to do if there isn't a book 4?

ShelliR,

I didn't even realize there was a FLL3! :eek: We're using Rod and Staff because I thought we'd have to use it next year for 3rd grade. Would you recommend switching? Do you think it's "complete"?

Thanks!

Dorinda

Is Jessie writing a book 4? I just love, love, love First Language Lessons 3!. My youngest is in grade 3 this year and I know it's hopeful thinking that there would be a new one for us each year.... I've used Rod and Staff with my other kids and I don't really want to go back to that again for 4th grade... What do others plan to do if there isn't a book 4?

I am using fll 3 and I love it. I am not very good at remembering grammar rules and I never learned diagraming as a child, so the scripted lessons really help me a lot.

It is very thorough. It inlcudes not just grammar exercises, but also, dictation, narration and poetry memorization. It also includes lessons on letter writing, using a dictionary, and oral usage lessons. It is just the right amount for my 4th grade ds. I will use it for my daughter when she gets to 3rd grade.

FLL 4 is available on the peace hill press website.